Kannaur Lokesh Rahul, also commonly known as KL Rahul, plays as an opener for the Indian team. He is also part of Royal Challengers Bangalore in the Indian Premier League, and plays domestic cricket for Karnataka. Rahul, who originally hails from Mangalore, was picked into the Indian Test team after an excellent domestic season. Rahul made his India debut against Australia in the Melbourne Test, followed by his maiden international ton in only his second match, playing as an opener. Soon, Rahul also established himself as a regular member of the ODI and T20 sides, too, with a string of impressive performances. Rahul is also a handy wicketkeeper and has showed his glovework for Team India against Sri Lanka in the Test series. The stylish right-hander, Rahul has also represented India in the 2010 Under-19 World Cup.
K L Rahul ODI Statistics
- KL Rahul made his Test debut against Australia in Melbourne Test.
- He made his maiden century at the Sydney Cricket Ground during his second Test.
- Rahul till now has two international centuries, both coming in overseas Tests.
- Rahul made an impact with a breakthrough 2013-14 Ranji Trophy season, scoring 1033 runs for Karnataka.
- Rahul is the first player from Karnataka who has scored a triple hundred.
- He scored 337 against Uttar Pradesh on January 30, 2015. It is also his highest first-class score.
- Rahul has played for Karnataka at the under – 13, 15, 17, 19 and 23 levels.
Recent KL Rahul News